work with us
The Assistant Controller/Intermediate Accountant reports to the Controller and will also work closely with other team members and managers.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Support a variety of activities related to the general accounting function including:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities (G/L capture, inventory, depreciation, deferred revenue calculations and reporting)
- Prepare financial statements
- Management report generation to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- AR/AP functions, including progress billing
- Other accounting and administrative duties as required
- Act as backup for the controller
Support a variety of activities related to human resources and payroll including:
- Foreign worker application and administration
- Processing biweekly payroll
- ROEs and layoffs due to seasonal work
- Vacation accruals
- Other duties as required
- CPA student/candidate or recent CPA grad
- Accounting/payroll experience or knowledge (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel, Word
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online an asset
- Well-developed, independent work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties
Job Type: Full-time
Start date: August 15, 2022 (flexible)
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please note that this position does not qualify for relocation reimbursement.
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org .