work with us
At K&C Silviculture, we are passionate about growing forest tree seedlings for reforestation. We strive to provide quality crops and services to our clients and to maintain good relationships with the coworkers and the employees. In doing so, our cultural team is looking for an assistant grower who shares our value and enthusiasm.
This full-time, permanent salaried position will be given to the successful candidate who will assist the grower in the following areas:
· Ensuring crops are provided with proper moisture and nutrients throughout the growing seasons
· Monitoring and maintaining crop health by prescribing proper pest management practices
· Implementing cultural treatments
· Creating sowing/layout plans for crops
· Upgrading computer-controlled systems that manage the greenhouse environment
· Designing cultural and operational trials for continuous improvement
· Has a horticultural diploma or equivalent education
· Has or is willing to obtain a pesticide applicator licence
· Is self-motivated and has demonstrated leadership skills
· Holds a valid class-5 driver’s licence
· Is willing to work flexible shifts including weekends and nights
· Is proficient in Microsoft Office
Email (email@example.com) or drop off your resume if you are interested.
We thank you for your interest, but only those who are chosen will be contacted for an interview.